Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hello from Michigan

I'm still in Michigan, and have no photos to share because I didn't bring my card reader, but will have lots to share in about a week. Some highlights of my trip (so far) have been:

-Hanging out with my great uncle and his family, finding some small waterfalls by the river they live on.

-Going to an indian cemetery, where they have interesting burial markers that look like miniture houses above ground.

-Spending time with my aunt, going to Lake Superior and sightseeing.

-Adventuring back into the woods (not the "forest", I'm told) behind my grandma's house and finding a car burial ground.

-Taking baking lessons from my grandma, making wonderful blueberry pies and sugar cookies.

-Enjoying my grandmas's cooking, and last night going to my aunt's house for dinner. I had locally caught salmon and "naked" spagetti with fennel and cilantro that was super delicious.

-Helping out at my uncle's bookstore with their Fall windows, searching through his books for some good spooky titles to display amongst his hookahs and fall decor.

-Going through my grandma's jewelry with her, she's letting me take tons of it home to either wear or repurpose.

-Preparing for my grandma's 75th birthday party, which will be fabulous. It's being held at a local bowling alley/dancehall/bar and I'm going to be seeing tons of family that I haven't seen in years.

Overall it's been a lot of fun, and I have taken over 600 photos that I'll enjoy going through upon my return to San Diego.

That's all for now, although I will share some more of the fabulous collections my jewelry and photography have been lucky enough to be featured in on Etsy. I'm loving how Fall and Halloween oriented these ones are becoming, there are many other talented artists being featured alongside my work and they deserve some recognition too!

Country Bumpkin
Autumn Calling
Vampires Crimson Kiss
A Haunting
Dia De Los Muertos
Haunted Team Discovery
Eerie Ethereal Enduring 
Shades of Gray
Libras are Fiesty Masculine and Firey
Earth - Undiscovered Shops
I Can't Expect You to Watch Resident Evil-AFTERLIFE



Until my return to San Diego next week, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment