Thursday, October 14, 2010

Studio is DONE, and being used.

So, tomorrow I'm going to OB to meet with an art director at a local gallery. She wants to exhibit my artwork and sell my jewelry there, maybe even have me teach a class or two. I'm pretty excited and it's still fairly a new thing for me to exhibit my work, especially artwork and not photos.

The other night my friend came over and we started cutting up cardboard and making paper mache in my newly finished studio. She started on her Halloween costume, and I still don't know what I'm going to be. So I started on this, and am now at a little bit of a loss as to what direction I take with it. Paint? Paper mache? Clay? ???


The paper mache recipe we looked up online was flawed too. Gotta experiment a little to find what works best.

Anyway it's been fun so far, and I had another friend over to my studio tonight, we had drinks and talked about plans for making shit. 

Thinking more and more about having a "Craft Night". I need to find a better name for it though, "Craft Night" sounds restrictive of alcohol, loud music, and chaos that will ensue. And "Craft Night" at my studio won't be with popsicle sticks and friendship bracelets, no. 

Anyway, going to get back to the madness that is my life right now...

Started a new job (super part time) but it's fun and the owner may let me sell jewelry there as well which would be a great opportunity.

Now my blogging is getting in the way of my drinking...

Have a good weekend all!

1 comment:

  1. I would just paint it, but use interesting paints. Paper mache would make the detail disappear. Covering it with a collage of different prints would be cool also. Just use a thin layer of watered down glue to make the paper stick.

    It's really great!

    ReplyDelete