Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Today sucked.

This week, namely today, has been a bit of a challenge to get through. Things went down pretty much like this:

-Spent 4 hours asleep last night, even though I tossed and turned so it felt like less. Arguing with the boyfriend isn't a good precursor for sleep.

-Woke up at 6 to leave for a checkup on my eye, my first in 2 months.

-Spent 2 hours on a bus to get to the appointment.

-Spent 4.5 hours at the actual appointment. Lots of bright lights in my eyes and photos being taken by a nurse who clearly did not have any regard for how long it took her to take a total of 6 photos to give to my doctor for evaluation. She didn't even smile when I said that's what she gets for using a Canon when the buttons jammed up... On four hours of sleep that seemed funny to me!

-The eye that I'm nearly blind in is still stable; awesome! However I have a cataract that eventually I'll need surgery on to remove. It's kind of up to me when this occurs, but I can't make a decision until I update my prescription (no vision coverage and no real job makes this difficult) because I don't know how much the cataract is actually impairing my vision.

-There is still swelling. The way my doctor wants to handle this is by giving me a series of steroid injections into the back of my eyeball... While awake.

-My "good" eye has some concerning areas. This is news I did not want to hear.

So basically I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that I may very well be blind by age 30. Not an easy thing to stomach, but I'm trying my hardest to avoid it and doing what I can to stay positive.

I tried to purchase a salad or a sandwich on the campus but they all had lots of meat on them, even though the coffee stand did have soy milk. Seriously, it's 2010! There are folks out there not thriving off chicken! Shit! 

My soy latte sucked.

Hopped back on the bus and it took another two hours to get home. Really San Diego?! Your transit system is balls.

I did get in some quality reading time though. My friend lent me a book she said I might like, so I'm nearly finished with it due to all the wait time today. It's titled "Wide Eyed" by Trinie Dalton. I'd recommend it. A few more pages and I'll finish it.

The more things aren't going in my favor in San Diego, the more moving back to Seattle seems like the easy (and not necessarily right) thing to do. I've been struggling here for so long and it's extremely trying. Lately though I think I've been getting two steps forward and one step back instead of the other way around.

Got some good news about my job, I might get more hours in the upcoming weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I got asked to go on a train trip to Portland in January. I would love to be able to go, getting drunk on trains along the West Coast sounds relaxing, not to mention that Portland is kind of a mecca for me.

I go through phases, every 6 months I either want to dye my hair black, or want to go platinum blonde. I bleached my black hair a little, and put a red dye over it. It's kind of auburn colored now.
Change is good.

This past week I've had sales from Etsy on 5 out of 7 days, which is a new high for me.

Was featured in a few more treasuries. I really enjoy treasuries, and I enjoy having my work treasured! Especially next to so many other talented artists.

The Second Time's The Charm
Dia De Los Muertos

I need a mantra. That sounds stupid, but I need a quote or something to think about when shit hits the fan. I suppose I found an ok quote in the book I was reading today:

"If you want comfort you should give up learning;
If you desire to acquire learning you should abandon comfort.
How can a person who wants comfort acquire learning?
And how can a person enjoy comfort who wants to learn?"
-Sanskrit Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment