Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It is November and 90 degrees in San Diego.

My last post wasn't very positive, sorry guys!

Some things I've been working on lately:

-By Wednesday, November 10th, some of my jewelry and artwork from coffincrafts will be available at OBcentric, in Ocean Beach, CA.

-I've been practicing my wood burning techniques... At least one detailed piece will be available soon in my coffincrafts shop.

-I'm looking into offering a calendar... I'll be updating with a link/or a decision not to make one soon.

=Felt like it was Christmas earlier this week. Got a cool package from my mom that included a metal tree to hang jewelry from, display items for when I am able to sell my stuff at a tradeshow/fair, vintage skeleton keys, an animal tracks book, and a bunch of other interesting things...


Currently I'm disappointed that more people didn't vote yesterday. If you're like me, and don't really enjoy going to the polls, get an absentee ballot in the mail. It's super easy to do, and you have like 2 weeks to place your vote as opposed to one hectic day. In some states this is legal, in others you need a reason. In my state I can choose to do so without giving any reason, so obviously its my preference to do so.

Not trying to get super political here, but I hope that all parties can come to the conclusion that we should do what is in the best interest for the highest number of people. I know that politics is such a heated issue these days especially, but I think it's important to consider those of us who are not blessed with loads of money and health insurance. I think I can agree with the sentiment that we should be judged by our lowest common denominator, and until we have better policies to deal with our sick and our poor, we can't boast to be the best nation in the world. I think a lot of changes will have to occur before this idealist society can successfully happen, but I'd like to think we're on our way there, and not on our way back into a conservative, god-fearing nation. We were born out of need for a nation who practiced freedom of religion, yet I find we tend to point fingers at those unlike us. If we are truely a free nation, why not be compassionate for those who are different from ourselves?

Anyway, getting some pieces together for OBcentric, and excited to have the opportunity to do so!


I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween. I slightly dressed up, like a sailor pin-up girl. It was half-assed, but better than not dressing up I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment